this is not (10/3/24)

this is not a poem
and I am not a poet
I am not inclined
to commit my thoughts to rhyme
in claustrophobic lines
conforming to a symmetry
it doesn’t much appeal to me,
even though that up to now
there’s seems a predilection
to slipshod contradiction,
am I being real
or muddling my fiction,
or,
if you could hear my diction
would it clear up all confusion
or,
would it add to your conclusion
there’s a conflict of opinion
compounding such constrictions,
… careful with that parody…
I am not a poet
and this is not a poem,
if you’re asking an expert
they will tell you,
“it’s absurd!”
in that I know better tone
the keepers of tradition
justifying their position
the who who decides
what’s not beyond the pale
with a click-click of the fingers
will decide, success or fail.

© 2024 robert greig

Comments