grumblewoof (13/6/24)

aside

what do I dislike?... well, lots… but I would like to give special mention to the dog-ear, yes, the dog-ear, folding over the top outside corner of a page of a book to mark the point to which someone has read usually, this I dislike, it annoys me, frustrates me, makes my blood boil (well, mildly simmer perhaps), gets my dander up, as they say, though I’ve never been entirely certain what a ‘dander’ is and even if I have one, or even how to get it up… I often find library books to be the victims’ of this practise, grrr, I mean, what’s wrong with using a bookmark, one designed to be a bookmark, there’s no shortage of them around, I have loads, or if not a dedicated bookmark then any old scrap of paper, receipt, tissue, or other suitably flat-almost-2-dimensional object, don’t deface the book with a plethora of dog-ears… woof… and why ‘dog’ ears and not, say, cats, or elephants, after all, not all dog’s ears are floppy… I mean, what’s wrong with you people?...... dog ears are for dogs and only dogs, and books aren’t dogs, at least not the last time I looked… woof… am I coming across a little petulant?... I am, aren’t I, that’s what you’re thinking, what a quibbler!... that’s what you’re thinking (or not)… moan, moan, grumbleweed… woof… is there a plant called ‘grumbleweed’, I wonder…  not as far as I know, but then again, I don’t know very far… quite possibly, but it doesn’t stop it being true, and truly niggling… but where would be without niggles?... niggles make the world go around, the world go around, the world go around, niggles make the…… in my defence, it’s the human condition to complain and niggles provide the perfect outlet, although now in some twisted logic way it sounds like I’m condoning the dog-ear… woof……

beside

I heard a weather forecast recently refer to “impactful rain”, so now I am pondering what might be rain that doesn’t impact, as in, ‘impactless’……

seaside

confession of the week… I love butter pies……

© 2024 robert greig

Comments