a random selection of thoughts thought (7/3/24)

aside

I had Jaffa Cakes, yes, Jaffa Cakes, for the first time in what must twenty years, maybe even more… see, my rebellious nature knows no bounds… not only did I have Jaffa Cakes but I had five Jaffa Cakes… five!... I’m turning into an adrenalin junkie… if you don’t know what they are, look them up, am not explaining them right now… years ago, and obviously more than twenty years ago, me and a friend used to see how many Jaffa Cakes we could fit into our mouths without chewing them, sadly though I can’t remember how many I managed but I do know that she beat me every time, she most definitely had hamster cheeks, and back then they were bigger, indeed, I’d noticed now they’ve shrunk somewhat, what a swizz!... still the same shape and design but definitely smaller, disappointing although they’re just as addictive as ever, so it’s probably just as well I don’t have left… I suppose there’s a good chance it may be another twenty or so years before I have one again, or maybe five…… I think the reason why, that all over the world, we sleep at different times, time zones and all, and why, conversely we are awake at different times, it’s because, and it’s probably not a popular view, that the planet isn’t designed to cope with being observed by everyone all at once, thus, it rations how many people are awake and how many asleep at any one time… that’s what I think…… the word ‘lych’, as in a ‘lychgate’, a curious word that refers to the, usually, wood-covered gateway into a churchyard, means ‘corpse’, an old Saxon word also found in ‘lych bell’, a handbell rung before a corpse, as in a funeral procession, so, when entering a churchyard through one you’re walking through the gate of corpses, fitting don’t you think, being that churchyards are the final destination of many-a corpse… the graves are a big clue… it’s therefore the gate of the dead, even though living people also pass through it… curious……

beside

submarines are weird, don’t you think?... I do, I don’t believe they should really work as they do but they do… weird…

© 2024 robert greig

Comments