Thursday, 29 June 2017

trick-tock, 29/June/17

yes please... black, yes, always black.... the only way to drink coffee, for me anyway..... milk?... no chance.... of course I understand its place in a plethora of other coffees but for me, always sans milk.... especially as I don't drink animal milk......... not just any old thrown-together coffee though.... not your instant crap...... if it's not proper coffee properly-made given the care and attention required for the perfect cup then what's the point...... ...... ..... is it nearly the end of another already?....... why, yes it is so it seems..... I can't work out of we got here fastly or slowly, now here it's hard to be sure as time has a way of playing trick-tocks with the mind......... what do you think, the month's gone fast or slow?..... answers on a postcard please, only snail-mail will be accepted and only if you get them here by the deadline which will be when I decide it'll be...... ..... ..... remember licking stamps?..... sticking to one side of an envelope?........ I met a stranger the other day who asked me which side does she put the stamp, she couldn't remember... she wasn't senile just hadn't sent one in such a long time........... I wonder why it's always been the top right corner........ why not the left, or one of the bottom corners, or smack-bang in the centre, you could always put the address then in the top right corner...... it's not to do with the machines in the post office as this habit started before they started using them.............. is it too early for coffee?...... not by now, its been hours since I woke up I think I can manage some now without spinning off into Space... the Outer one....... big task today, choose my next book to read as I'm coming to the end of my current one......... BIG task............

© robert greig 2017

(another bean from the 'coffeelosophy' annals)

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

Did we want coffee with that book?