Thursday, 1 June 2017

or, 1/June/17

Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends, I'm so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside, there behind a glass stands a real blade of grass, be careful as you pass, move along, move along......... 

...... and what an opener for a new month... indeed, indeed, roll up, roll up! there's a bad moon on the rise....... as it happens one of my favourite all-time poems is entitled "a blade of grass".... now I could stop and stare or just keep on running.... keep on running......... or simply fade away..... or not!......... perhaps I should merely glid forever upon the rim of obscurity decidedly obscured by clouds....... so now I wonder and wonder and wonder and wonder some more if I could simply keep writing wonder to the end of this blog I'd save a bucket of brain-wear on finding new words to slot into an appropriate grammatical pose........... 

...... again I wonder if this new month will bring anything, anything at all, perhaps for starters anything, something, new.... in the sense of being unexpected, or shiny, or actually bearably pleasant.... 

or

........ will it just be like all the other months making promises it can't keep and just shrivel and waste away leaving nought but rear-view vexations............ as we day-trippered into a new year I had high hopes, well, high for me anyway, which have sadly already flaked away and left but a tainted reminder of an unfortunate glimmer of optimism...... all too soon and now halfway through it's just become yet more of the same-old same-old droning conundrum of thigh-slapping disappointments..... 

....... oh 2017 you promised so much and yet delivered bugger all and you're now half a life old and showing no signs of doing anything other than mirely sinking lowerly, lowerly, lowerly down..... down, down, deeper and down..... I should write my name on a piece of paper, in big letters or small, doesn't matter, tidily, clearly and legible..... then scrunch it up into a tight ball and throw it in the bin......

© robert greig 2017

No comments: