Sunday, 25 June 2017

buzzgulls, 24/June/17 (posted 25/June/17)

a buzzard!
no, not a buzzard....
yes, a buzzard!
.... a rough-legged buzzard... a buzzard-rare indeed.... brief, but still, it counts......
in Hereford too, quite a 'tick' for the 'birds I saw today' list, or the "I t'ought I t'aw a buzzard-bird.... I did! I did! I did t'aw a buzzard-bird!" list....... and for you non-birders amongst you I'm sure you're wondering what all the fuss is about.... maybe it was the awesome pea, mint and lettuce soup I had earlier at the National Trust's Brockhampton Hall...... no, it was definitely a rough-legged buzzard even though yes, I also had soup.....


then the sun came out... and went in again... then came out again.... then in again... oh, what a timorous massive molten orb of boiliness it is....... meanwhile the distant clock I have yet to find still donging half an hour too soon before the hour, every hour......

... the gulls here are very interesting, unlike the ones at home are predominantly lesser black-backed gulls over herring gulls, which again to the non-birder probably matter snot a jot... nor to those who just see them all the same, as "seagulls!", a misnomer invariably used derogatorily by those to lazy or stupid to call them generically a more correct 'gulls'...... and as they are gulls are originally largely confined to coasts and wandering rarely more than a few miles out to open sea, and becoming increasingly common inland, it's even more absurd  when people refer to them as "seagulls!" in a town miles and miles and miles from any sea or even coastline....... it's likely those far inland-born gulls rarely and maybe never go to sea.......

.... anyway, I digress............ as I always do........

© robert greig 2017

(ps......  this daily blog has been brought to you by 'Oops! I'm a day late! Productions')

No comments: