Saturday, 20 May 2017

naked sheep, 20/May/17

it was too good to last......
being away on holiday, being able to forget about 'normal life'.......


inevitably though the road finds me back in the land of crumbling confusion, luckily though not after a journey through the past.... well, the landscape is in its way the past being geology and all, beginning from the roly-poly, up and down'y sheep-strewn hills of mid Wales all lush and green and tree'ly to the starker, darker, lumps of crag and rock that rise up and up and up into the forever blue, and also as it happens sheep-strewn........ then, once over, descending towards the the great wide flatness of a cut-glass coastline and on and on until morning... or 'home', whichever came first....... sadly as it happens 'home' won out.......

....... and as reality once again creeps in no uncertain terms I find myself tripping over political party manifestos as strewn-as sheep littering the media landscape loudly shouting in both ears and both eyes, "me, me, me, pick me, me, me!"............ and naked sheep!........ oh my god! who stole the sheep's clothes?.... was it the wolf who wanted to wear sheep's clothing?...... a trans-species wolf!?................. the plot thickens and the mystery gets stirred like porridge........ watch out, watch out there a fleece-thief about...... and sheep-strewn landscape of shorn sheep, also tripping over manifestos no doubt....... unless the sheep have gone naturist!........... shock' horror!...... look away now!..... avert! avert! avert! your gaze!..................

............... but no holiday is complete without returning to at least one domestic disaster..... this time was the turn of my flooded bathroom... again!....... a leak, an "escape of water", as insurance companies like to refer....... thus making me the spend the next 4 hours instead indulging in a feet-up whisky sip'athon with accompanying light supper before bed I was dismantling half the bathroom cupboards now a wrecked by said 'escape'.... less a sip'athon more of a sog'athon...... ......

© robert greig 2017

2 comments:

Martin Kloess said...

Just had my bathroom redone. (bad pipes)

Judy said...

Oh, the humanity. Or is it, sheepanity? The only thing nakeder than a sheep (why does "sheep" always sound plural? Are they never alone?) is a bald cat. trying not to shudder

Hope your bathroom is feeling better, too.