Thursday, 4 May 2017

from poll to pole, 4/May/17

 ..... of course there is a world of difference between pole dancing (there it is again!) and politics, although there is a similar grim, vicarious detachment about the two, both also offering the potential of cringe-worthy entertainment....... and they both start with the same three letters...... being polled in politics I imagine is very different from being poled in pole dancing........... but how would I know anyways, not being a politician nor in fact a pole dancer..... I might've once upon a time been a fireman, as they were called then, or firefighter as they are now more rightly called, but I wasn't..... yet another what if littering my sorry past....... if I had been I'd have had a chance to get jiggy with a pole, and in fact I did try one once when I was 16, in a fire station sliding down then running back upstairs to do it again.... and again and again......... if anything was going to convince that this was the job for me that'd have been it........ but things happen and plans never go as planned and hey-ho t'wasn't to be......... you might call pole dancers pol'er explorers!..... or maybe not........ welcome to yet another election day where the only blessing is respite from the medias monodrone blathering about it, although it isn't, instead they just refer to it indirectly as you hear them chomping at the bit of whatever juicy gossip they can sink their over-whitened teeth into......... I'll be nipping out soon to vote for who'll represent me locally in the Welsh Assembly which is important even though the UK government of the largely English assembly regards Wales as a nigglingly irritating, backwater hillbilly-land of little consequence.......... still, there's always pole dancing.......

© robert greig 2017

(note:  a re-post originally posted on the 4th May but accidentally on my other blog page!..... now it's where it should be......)

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

...that's one way to look at things.