Monday, 15 May 2017

drizzling over lemons, 15th May 2017

day 3.......
always a tricky one for me and when my fatigue really kicks in with its disorienting-ways having burnt-out on adrenalin the first two days of the 'holiday/ break/ anywhere-time'..........
not that I haven't been stretching my wings, and wheels, a bit having managed a little explore, a jaunt to help me get my bearings in this relatively new somewhere to fix my body and mind in place being as I am away from my familiar anchors....... like a spider who's just spun out a single thread of silk to have it grabbed by the wind and whisked away to this alien otherland..........
I do know I'm here though, which is a healthy start..... and there are kites, red kites, lots and LOTS........ and seen even more of these fork-tailed raptors in full possession of the wind beneath their wings..........
aside from the now ubiquitous kite I visited a National Trust 17th century manor house (yay!), failed to find a vineyard (boo......), saw red kites (oops, mentioned already)....... had a face-off with the HUGEST male turkey I've ever seen (I think we subconsciously agreed on a draw), had tomato and basil soup followed by a to-die-for-but-not-before-you've-eaten-it gluten-free lemon drizzle cake (more yay!), rescued a woman and her ice cream like a scene from Hitchcock's "Birds" by peeling a plethora of peckish pigeons (try saying that when you're drunk!) from her arms (yes it was as bizarre as it sounds)... seems I haven't lost my bird-whispering skills.......... did a few more things probably of little interest to anyone but me so apologies for the slightly mundane bloggery today as fatigue has a way of mashing-up my thought-processes to little more than bird poo....... but at least I had some lemon drizzle.... gluten-free!

 
© robert greig 2017

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

...good one, Pass the cake. please