Sunday, 23 April 2017

sometimes I'll put on my socks first, 23/April/17

sometimes I'll put on my socks first... I'm rebellious like that... sometimes I may just put them on last though never after I've put my shoes on, that'd either be one hell of a clever trick or akin to Superman wearing his underwear on the outside........I may even choose to put them on second or third when getting attired....... sometimes (horrified looks!) I may even walk around with just socks on!... in private of course, wouldn't want to scare the locals.......... they usually go on my feet but sometimes I've wore them on my hands....... I know! mad isn't it........... socks are to be seen and not heard, if your socks start talking to you then you really have a problem........... though some socks shouldn't even be seen and perhaps kept safely hidden inside your footwear..... some socks have toes in them but honestly that's just wrong, surely that makes them gloves... and anyway, why would you?......... I wish I could be as rebellious in other walks of life like shaving.... I could shave and sculpt my facial hair into any shape I like but all I ever do is shave it or at best leave a couple of days stubble which years ago looked rugged and dangerous and now just makes me look homeless........ I could get a tattoo which I've been planning for ages but as usual as yet it's not materialised.... ho hum........ I've always wanted to wear a kilt but never have, too self-conscious methinks...... and men wear skirts all the time of other cultures....... it's my legs you see, far be it for me to unleash them on an unwary world, I don't even wear shorts for the very same reason, my legs are beyond redemption........... I've always been a sensitive soul, ho hum (again), and wished I was harder, tougher, more resilient, but nope, I'm cursed with a hyperactive sensitivity gene which unharmoniously rattles along with an even more supernova-active numbness gene, simply feeling nothing....... but I do like a soft pair of socks.......

© robert greig 2017

2 comments:

Martin Kloess said...

...are they colorful socks?

Robert Greig said...

I tend to err on the subtle...................