Wednesday, 9 December 2015

tiredology, 9th december 2015

I feel I could sleep all the time at the moment..... go to sleep tired (not unusual), wake up tired (probably also not unusual), feel weary throughout the days..... probably not usual..... except maybe it is!...... it's winter, and here we are closing in on midwinter, actually despite the tiredness one of my favourite times....... I feel winter is telling us something by giving us less light to work with..... don't work, hibernate!....... a good slogan me thinks if there ever was one.......... we are mammals and it's winter, the coldest time of the year, and we're designed primarily to function most effectively in daylight whatever clever things some might train themselves to do at night....... it's natural to feel sleep earlier and to sleep longer, and we shouldn't be fighting it, nor feeling we have too just to suit someone elses timetables and deadlines.......... I'm also tired of the same old same old... same old arguments for instance surrounding the recent flooding here in parts of the country........ people need to stop talking about these as extreme events when they are now increasingly regular, and shift some of the focus from the immediate outcome to the causes and long term consequences........ the blind, stupid, illiterate ignorance that prevails at such times is getting, yes, tiring... and frustrating beyond what the word 'frustration' can sufficiently express..... yes, I'm tired, of lots........ my saving grace is usually music.... and to some extent photography, even when most pictures I take aren't ever seen by anyone but me, just the act of itself provides some release, even perspective oddly enough...... watch out, I think I'm going to nod off again...........

No comments: