Wednesday, 30 December 2015

ogres and pixies and poppins, 30th december 2015

it never ends.... one after another after another after......... I realise my latest daily bloggery has been dominated by weather, but it's hard not too when it's so intense and constant as it has been here all christmas........ paddling in floods, huddling from gusts, buffeted, battered, the clattering of everything not nailed down...... I still have electricity, but for how long it might cut off any.................
  ..... hahah! gotcha!...... I'm still here, the power didn't go, bet you thought it had though....... didn't you?........ just bet me have my 'na-na-nana-na' moment ......... the shortest days but the longest storms, differentiated only by an arbitrary name, and welcome Storm Frank...... but where does one storm end and the next begin?........ they're referred to as though they are solid objects with defined edges.... though the gusts might feel akin to walking into a brick wall...... I'm listening to it now, even through double-glazing it like a herd of steam trains careering off their rails round and around and around........... sods law really, storms are becoming like buses, you wait hours for one and then six come at once!....... this is not umbrella weather, unless you have aspirations to become mary poppins....... and now it's lashing sending choreographed teams of mischievous rain pixies tap dancing on my windows.... I'm not going out there........ fridge checked, larder checked, whisky stock, checked!....... plenty of supplies I hope to see me through...... coffee!...... phew, checked, plenty...... all is well...... well, except for being assailed by a plethora of giant ogres playing croquet against my house......

No comments: