Monday, 21 December 2015

inkling daze, 21st december 2015

sometimes I think it's there and then...... it's gone, if it was ever there at all....... just not feeling 'christmassy', festive, whatever.... the yule log just hasn't got rolled out for me...... I'm not sure it will.... I'm not being a grump, as maybe your first inkling ....... I like that word, "inkling"....... sounds like something tangible, like a little creature, mini-beast of a sort.... maybe it under a fingernail living all its time for the most part unnoticed and unremarked... after all when you have one of those 'lightbulb' moments you often subtly raise or point your finger, or even touch your nose with it, or your lips.... maybe that's the inkling twitching it for you as a sort of prompt saying, "here, here is your inkling"....... it's now 3 days until c-day....... the morning of which I'll wake up and... it'll be just another day, except everything will be closed.... so, what's to wake up for I'm not so sure (that rhymes!)... maybe I'll just stay in bed, sleep all day, or stare at the ceiling....... I'll have breakfast, drink copious amount of tea, then later have sufficient quantities of coffee, probably with some tasty suitably coffee-accompanying munchable treat.... as for the rest of the day, who knows, I will probably go out for a walk along the beach, as I usually do..... that's when I'm not heading off into the mountains, but seeing as the forecast isn't optimistic then likely the shoreline it'll be........ I'll leave my footprints there, at least until the next tide, then they'll be gone, and so will I....... by then the sun for all its meagre efforts this time of year will've gone to bed and I'll be back home pondering a mathematical conundrum.... 1 bottle of whisky + one empty whisky tumbler = a double single malt beckons........ thus ending another just another day......

No comments: