Sunday, 15 November 2015

no.. not.. nothing, 15th November 2015

in the dark I'll put out a hand to feel the wall... comforting in its cold hard, solid way.... immovable, a constant, straight and true.... though unlike a tree and lifeless it offers protection.... a way through.... a guide with no intention of guiding me, with no intention other than to stand cold, hard and solid.... a barrier but also a lifeline.... in the dark where shadows have overlaid shadows shunning colour laying layers of greys upon greys shading into a diaspora of grey...... an extinction of colour....... a spectrum monotone .... unruly symmetry..... dark captures light hurriedly shading with lead, charcoal, I leave smudges seeping through it.......  warily, left hand fingers pressed to the wall, its cold, hard, solid form I hope doesn't run out too soon... too soon before I find somewhere other than here........ stepping over imagined cracks, phantom steps...... how long should I stand waiting for my eyes to adjust?........ where is anything?.......... still hand held to the cold, hard, solid plaster feeling a pulse........ a heartbeat....... there isn't any...... stop... listen....... if darkness made a sound it would sound like this......... a vacant kind of empty........ can I hear silence?....... is it possible to hear absence?......... the cold, hard, solid floor suddenly feeling less than tangible.... static motions throw me off balance, I find the wall, cold, hard, solid............ in the dark I'll put out a hand....... no.. not.. no thing.... nothing....
... in the dark I'll put out a hand....

No comments: