Sunday, 25 October 2015

when I had hair, 25th October 2015

it's one hour earlier than it was yesterday and for the first time in years I, me, the very one, forgot to put my clocks back and thus, as is the way, woke up at 4.30am instead of an hour later thinking it was a hour later........ oh yes, I was that scatty......... all the clocks said the same so for me and all intents and purposes it was the time it was.... but it wasn't... as I soon discovered on turning on the radio....... and not there's light when there shouldn't be...... or should be... but my brain is telling me otherwise... telling me once again I've just travelled through time........... I suppose all I did was wake up in a different country somewhere a hour difference to the west..... but I'm still here....... and all my clocks told me one thing, my body telling me another, the sky telling me yet another and the radio telling me something is decidedly awry.... like that word, "awry", which to me always looks in itself awry, mixed up, like someone dropped the letters onto the floor and that's what they spelled....... awry should surely be my word of the day........ especially because if one rearranges the letters and just cheekily completes the right-side line of the 'r' then one has "yawn"........... so is time a constant or not?.......... if we can so flippantly mess about with it like this then why can't I just turn the clocks way back to, say, when I had hair.........

No comments: