Wednesday, 7 October 2015

(unw)rapper, 7th October 2015

every morning a oaty porridge steamy facial... one of the joy of the coming cold, the creeping of winter sending a scout of autumn to test the air... is it right?..... is it right yet?............ as with porridge, has to be just right, oh yes, the three bears did indeed know how to make porridge...... no other breakfast can offer than little extra....... yesterday I sat and watched someone unwrapping presents.... her 80th birthday....... 80, wow..... long ago I'd have thought that was an unimaginable age to reach... but then again years ago the gap between what I was then and 80 was much huger than now......... a combination of frustrating and compelling watching her open each gift with each one even more carefully and purposefully unwrapped than they were wrapped........... no tearing, this was not her way.... her aim was as it's always  been to unwrap keeping the paper as much intact as possible..... .... partly because she's always reused the paper......... ah yes, the generation who reused and recycled without a thought, well before those words got themselves wrapped up in slogans.............. if I could've videoed it I would've.......... it could well've become an internet sensation!.......... no doubt some tv station will make a programme soon, 'watching people unwrap presents'.... right after they make one called 'watching paint dry'......... except this was remarkably, yes, compelling, but in a, yes, frustrating way...... for me anyway, as I tend to tear into presents like a hungry bear (one who hasn't had their porridge yet)..... I could learn a lot here.... a redoubtable (unw)rapper queen!..... I couldn't though tear my eyes away at her, like watching an open fire.... you just have to keep staring........

No comments: