Monday, 19 October 2015

losing my marbles, 19th October 2015

it'll soon be christmas.... 66 days to be almost precise, that's if you're reading this the same day I'm writing it....... what reminded me of this was yesterday at the nursing home seeing the person I was visiting opening and tucking into the biggest box of maltesers I've ever seen!......... it was rolling in them!........ she'd been given it by a friend who came to visit, and one thing you can say about not being well is it seems to be a license to stuff yourself with as much chocolate as possible...... if you don't know what maltesers are, they are a small marble-sized ball of honeycomb wrapped in a skin of chocolate......... addictive for sure, sickly after too many for certain....... it's the very kind of box people give as chistmas gifts as it happens.... but it isn't christmas... yet.... 66 and counting......... talking of marbles when I was an undergrad at university I started a university 'marbles society'... oh yes I did!..... ok, don't go all pantomimey on me....... I really did....... we even had tee shirts, mine is long gone, as have my marbles (....take that as you will).............. I was even cheeky enough to officially register it with the university student union, and as such even got some funding!...... I know!.... £50!... which then was  a lot....... so what did we do?...... play marbles of course..... usually in the ever-so long straight halls of residence corridors....competitions, if you will....... we also has a 3-legged bar crawl around the 9, (yes 9!) campus bars......... outings to games fairs.... even a music night.......... see, we weren't just a drinking club......... and yes, once we did actually play a game using...... maltesers!......

No comments: