Friday, 18 September 2015

step away from the sleigh, 18th September 2015

checking the calendar....... hmmmm........ 97 days til christmas.......... I'm watching strings of geese threading the morning sky on their way to where they'll spend their day.... grazing tasty grass somewhere only they know where........ most likely some estuary, the muddiness and brine make for the most lush......... for me they are a portent of autumn.... and autumn it is a-coming knock, knock, knockin' on summers door...... "let me in! let me in!"..... as summer shout backs, "let me out! let me out!"........ the equinox is on its way..... I know, it says on my calendar.... and the light and leaves are tinging that autumny tinge that only autumn can tinge........... and yet I open the newspaper and lo and behold! ho-ho-ho! christmas adverts come lords a-leaping and ladies dancing and reindeer doing what reindeer do, reindeering probably.... go away!.... it's not christmas!....... not even had halloween yet or even bonfire night....... I've come to the conclusion (although I did so long ago but I thought I'd say it again) humans are really rubbish....... we break so easily and seem to be walking disasters of a multitude of things that can go wrong, inside and out........ yes we are probably a remarkable feat of engineering but perhaps just a little too complicatedly clever for our own good......... at the same time we, i.e. humans (hello!) think of more and more ways to damage, wreck and basically destroy ourselves........ really, what is the point I think sometimes......... never mind 'smart cars' or 'smartphones', or even Smarties!..... we are pretty smart, or you'd think so....... because if we are maybe being smart isn't so great after all........ so what am I saying here?......... well, one thing I know for sure, it isn't yet christmas so hold the misguided penguins and polar bears and tell santa to step away from the sleigh... patience grasshopper........

No comments: