Monday, 28 September 2015

of sanguine lunar'cy, 28th September 2015

chilly in the garden as I stood there staring into the sky at a partial lunar eclipse unpartialling (is that a word?... it is now...)....... having seen the very same moon as big as big can big for a moon that isn't, relatively speaking, supposed to be that big, but when you get up close, as it was in fact closer due to its orbit making it 7% larger.... yes merely 7%, but what a huge 7% it was......... I first spotted it on my way back from hospital in my rear view mirror and it made me vocally exclaim "f~~k me! that's HUGE!".... it was!....... it was almost too big for the sky it usually inhabits rather more subtly than it did at that moment......... 'twas golden, or perhaps more sepia, eventually turning bloody as night became more night'er....... and now here I am in the garden staring up at a once again white, albeit almost blinding white, orb in partial eclipse.......... slowly, slowly fading as the horizon also softly grows washed with hues of the soft blues and yellows and orange.... nothing overly-dramatic, just subtle.... yes, subtle...... almost apologetic for shunting the moon away........... and my friend Ray (who has the same initials as me incidentally), well, he didn't get to see it.... you see, he died yesterday...... after being in a coma with multiple organ failure as a result of his usual over-zealous self of indulging in everything to the max, as he did with drugs, not intentionally I add, his body finally gave up.......... he didn't see it..... and he was only 47, a husband and also a father to a 7 year old son.......... neither did the two other friends whose funerals happened last week......... although they were mush older, one 98....... they didn't see it....... neither, sadly, did another friend in hospital with a brain tumour with a short but indeterminate time left......... they didn't see it.......... I saw it for them, I hope anyway......

No comments: