Saturday, 12 September 2015

newsnoise, 12th September 2015

listening to the news.. every word digested..... every sentence heard, mulled and mixed with every one that went before....... every story written before my very ears line by imagined line..... grammar falls grammatically and sometimes dramatically from the mouths of voices spilled from my radio.... wave upon waves rippling the air making vibrations make sense, my brain enduring remarkable feats of turbulence translation sculpting sense from turbulence........ I'm listening to the news and everything from everywhere is anywhere but here so far away beyond the tweeters and woofers somewhere on the other side of a multitude of otherwheres far, far, far away........ names and places, some more evocative than others.... other-world........ tragedies, victories, passing phases......... still the brain untangles all this 'noise' moulding comprehension......... reception is received (most of the time) a code I've learned and continue to hone, like breathing, without rarely a conscious thought........ or walking..... jumping..... sitting....... lifting this cup of tea or coffee to my mouth......... I'm listening to the news and feeling ... {disconnected} ..... apart rather than a part....... voices raised then quietened again, emotion in motionless abeyance... until unleashed........ hear between the lines......... to know so much yet know so little as each slither of news laps against my ears, the flotsam and jetsam, deposited words once said can't be unsaid........ to say or not to say, that is a question..... to unsay or not unsay, that is conundrum....... I'm listening to the news.... "no news is good news" some say....... which can be taken two ways....... still listening to the news, the chatter, the clatter, caring not a jot if I pay a smidgen of attention...... I do... and I don't.... I mostly do.... unless I don't.....

No comments: