Tuesday, 8 September 2015

don't stop me now! 8th September 2015

I like reading menus........ there, I said it..... nothing like a confession to wake you up of the morning...... I can't help myself..... same with dictionaries and encyclopedias... and thesaurus........ and maps!.............. even catalogues!!....... I know, this is getting crazier than wild...... what next!? I hear you gasp........... maybe it's my brain, getting tired or bored quickly....... oh no! I have attention deficit!....... I might have, for some things anyway, who knows, I don't know, my brains already moved onto the next topic........... record collections too..... bookshelves!........ as in bookshelves with books on them, not just the shelves themselves, that would be insane........... a persons book and record/ music collection can inform you a lot about them........ i think so anyway........... I'm often more drawn to that in someones house than them.......... and any pets they have, them too............ parties are great for that as you can subtly drift out of the melee and peruse said shelves of books or records (nay, lets' get all modern here.... CD's!).............. iPods (other makes are also available!) aren't the same......... they are more random and basically just lists of lists of this, that and who knows what........... soulless....... in a way they almost aren't even real, as in not tangible......... touch, that's crucial, to be able to hold a record/ CD/ book in your hands or be in the presence of, that's what does it............. cassettes!... remember them........ sadly mostly gone the way of the betamax and sending children up chimneys........... (*looks askance at my last comment*).... and if your book/ CD/ record collection is catalogued or alphabetised then look out!... here I come, with my enthusiastic hat jauntily-worn.... don't stop me now!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: