Wednesday, 5 August 2015

sluggish, 5th August 2015

last night there was a slug in the bathroom.... I didn't step on him... luckily for him... and me!........ I didn't see him until... I saw him.......... for a half-asleep moment I pondered the slug, as I imagine he was perhaps pondering me, this great looming shadowy figure looming loomily over him........ and then, yes there is always a 'then', I had to make a decision quick, preferably before I woke up too irrevocably to get back to sleep (as it was the middle of the night after all!... hence why the slugs were about...) to evict the slug or not evict the slug?.... well, of course, as they say a no-brainer, 'twas me or the slug! and now way was I going out of the window... so it was the slug that took a flying dive, courtesy of me, out of the window....... I trust though it was much happier out there in the dampness of the night and that being in my house was a blip in his plan for slug-domination............ have you ever stepped on a slug?......... if you have well, I sympathise, if not, then don't!..... not just for their sake, as they tend not to come off very well from such an encounter, but believe me and as you can probably imagine it's not a great sensation underfoot to experience........... and remember, not all slugs are our enemies, scurges of the garden, some slugs eat other slugs!.... it's a harsh world out there beyond the bathroom window... which is why I'm in here, inside, safe at least for now from the march of slugs........

No comments: