Tuesday, 11 August 2015

room at the end of the world, 11th August 2015

I have a room... a room at the end of the world....... it's not a big room....... it holds everything I own..... everything of any significance..... my music, books, my photographs, my thoughts, and words, my dreams, nightmares, fears......... and shoes, not many, just enough for different weather, am no footwear-obsessive, despite my other obsessions..... my room at the end of the world has weather, or at least feels outsides its walls........ it has a window though I never know what it'll look out on every day..... my pessimism, my mistakes, my finely-bound catalogue of failures, with a tiny single-page appendix at the back containing successes.... I also have a keepsake box, which I suppose is for 'keepsakes', though am never really sure what makes a keepsake a keepsake.... what makes something worth keeping for the sake of keeping?........ my room at the end of the world never changes, fundamentally anyway..... the contents get added too though.... and some get eaten by the dust......... there's always room in my room at the end of the world and I always, well usually, know where to find things.... some things take longer than others to locate but I always, well usually, find them....... it's not near anywhere, in fact I would say it's far away from anywhere but that presumes it's nearer to some places than others when in fact it's neither here nor there..... it contains things inconsequential and incidental but it all has one thing in common, me......... it's not for visitors....... visitors aren't welcome.................. there's only enough room for me in my room at the end of the world..... ..... ....... ...... my room at the end of the world always has just enough light... and a requisite scattering of shadows...... they are littered across my room at the end of the world..... behind, beneath, to the sides, even up....... they're never static, though not always easy to see them move.... blink!....... I have a room..... a room at the end of the world..... filled with all sorts and more than I could ever list here........

No comments: