Tuesday, 18 August 2015

I nearly got an ice cream, 18th August 2015

I nearly got an ice cream yesterday...... but didn't...... the first of two places I found selling ice cream worth buying they usually flavoursome produce was almost melted before it even reached the cone....... sacrilege!...... the second, an actual ice cream parlour, the queue was so long out of the door and onto the street that I'd have mostly melted myself before I even got one..... so, I nearly got an ice cream..... but didn't....... so I wandered the tourist-packed promenades of Beaumaris finding some refuge in the castle.... yes! the castle!....... I pondered firing arrows at passing tourists or even pouring boiling oil from the parapets... but.... lacking oil and arrows, and believing it's probably not good form or very friendly to do so I dropped the idea in favour of shooting them instead.... with my camera!..... .... ........... I found myself on the shingle shore confronted by a gaggle of gulls.... although a group of gulls isn't called a gaggle, if they were they'd be geese... and they weren't geese, they were gulls, despite the common 'g'....... twas a flock of mostly fledgings and juveniles, more like a creche in fact....... I shot them too... with my camera!.... (public service message: no gulls were harmed during this process)..... ..... ...... I sat among them watching one in particular wrestling with what at first looked like a piece of green algae, seaweed to the uninitiated........ until a peer through my lens showed it to be a shore crab!....... sadly, in the end, as it usually the way, the gull won the tussle and swallowed it whole, minus a leg or two......... the gull seemed unconcernedly-pleased though..... ...... ..... as darkness fell and I was once again ensconced at home, one last stand on the now cool patio staring up at the deafeningly silent deep blue-to-black, increasingly star-strewn sky I heard a sneeze!..... from my feet!....... I peered down and lo and behold, a hedgehog had joined me!.......... no doubt slug-hunting and surprised to find my bare feet, feet not being as tasty as slugs to a hedgehog........ I bid the hog g'night as he/she carried on their nightly rituals......

No comments: