Monday, 2 December 2013

slings and arrows, 2nd December 2013

..... so like I said, in 1976 I broke my arm...... it's never been right since....... and yes, I did literally fall off the back of a van...... and yes, it was stupid as I shouldn't have been on there in the first place.... but kids eh!.. what are they like!......... back then such commonsense as physio afterwards for such things were pretty much non-existent...... it happened in the second week of summer holidays too, that's bad timing!... all summer in a sling, 6 weeks, and then the first week back at school...... no, they didn't bother to out it in plaster either, just a sling and a waist-bandage after 3 weeks as well...... sleep was a nightmare!...... thus, when I eventually was deemed fixed, I was sent home without any follow-up..... which is why to this day I have a wonky right arm and shoulder....... I heard today is 'Cyber Monday' apparently... whoopee!, another cynical marketing opportunity...... name it and people will follow, because gullibility is so easily exploited so why not!...... following hot on the heels of the oddly-named 'Black Friday'............ sell, sell, buy, buy........ the marketeers must get in there first shouting the loudest and firing their volleys of arrows before any other messages about Christmas, religious or otherwise, can get a foothold........ all this noise competing for space in my senses........... makes my ears bleed and eyes glaze over....... time for coffee ......

No comments: