Thursday, 12 December 2013

inside the outside, 12th December 2013

last evening I went to a public lecture at the university given by Dr Rowan Williams... yes, that one for anyone who knows, the Archbishop of Canterbury up until last year.... an amazing guy, and scholar and a great mind.... partly I went because it was a great opportunity to see someone I have a lot of time for, and also because the talk was about Buddhism and Christianity in the poems of amazing Welsh poet, R.S. Thomas....... he just talked and read poems and shared thoughts on this and totally held every single person's attention in that packed lecture theatre.... some things you just can't miss when they come round....... after wards I went to yoga and wondered while there if by the end, after listening to a talk referring annihilation and extinction of the self philosophies in Buddhism that by the end of the evening all that would remain might be just my yoga mat!........... I patted myself down afterwards to make sure I was still there..... I was..... and am still here!......... darkness now fill the goldfish bowl outside the glass here.... or is it me inside the bowl?.......... floating in a sea of definitionless dark........ sometimes you just can't tell which is the outside and which the inside............ I'm glad I'm not inside out though, that would be messy........ can I come into a room and go out at the very same instant?........ random thoughts moment........

No comments: