Wednesday, 11 December 2013

diagonal delights, 11th December 2013

never underestimate a diagonal....... it's funny (though not 'ha ha') that the Square in Kiev that is the centre of a people's protest against the government's decision to reject closer integration with Europe in favour of Russia is called "Independence Square"...... where these same people are being oppressed by their own politicians, who are suppose to be there to represent the views of the people,  for expressing a preference for Europe..... I gave a presentation this morning in a huge lecture theatre at university...... doesn't sound so remarkable, except, I am terrified of any kind of public-speaking, or even having attention drawn to me........ there were two of us so that took a modicum of pressure off...... stage-fright is a funny thing too...... prone as I am to it big time..... as in serious......... jelly-legged and wearing my reading glasses because they make everything beyond a couple of feet away all a-blur........I got through it, just........ sometimes the world looks better in blur......... like after a snowfall and all the hard and jagged edges have been smoothed over......... "eat naked!".... that's what the wrapper of a 'berry delight'  wholefood snack bar reads....... I suppose that might be the 'delight' part of the experience...........

No comments: