Wednesday, 20 November 2013

thing, 20th November 2013

long day and it's far from over yet..... not that I should hasten its end, that way lies waste........ I've reached that part of the day when the brain refuses to cooperate in any meaningful manner......... which is unfortunate because I do have to get at least something done with respect to my studies.......... sadly I don't have boundless energy and few reserves...... but I have been to a conference all day so that's my excuse...... and it had food, free food!....... it was the best spread I think I've seen at a conference, although one of the best bits was first thing when they had coffee and continental breakfast-like choices laid out...... including pain au chocolate, of which I am partial too, and some apple and raisin 'thing'...... 'thing' is a handy word and I don't know what I would do without it as it comes to my rescue many a-time........ and lunch!..... lordy, roasted cold veg skewers, an abundance of fruit that would have put the Halls of Valhalla to shame, including massive chunks of fresh-cut pineapple!........ green beans, red peppers, baby tomatoes and olives all with garlic and 'thing' dips....... lots of sandwiches of course, though I avoided them..... for me they aren't good when all you're doing is sat down all day......... and the mini cakes!........ I couldn't resist a chocolatey square 'thing' with a single Smartie on top........ now that is the 'icing on the cake'....... what was the conference about?....... hmm, some 'thing' or another...........

No comments: