Tuesday, 12 November 2013

shadow-casting, 12th November 2013

and so the day begins...... as they all do, if we're lucky of course....... 10,000 is a huge number and hard to at first imagine, but I think of the population of the island where I live, about 72,000, and then the county town, which is maybe 10,000 or so........... it's a big number........ 3 if my favourite number... probably 'favourite' isn't the right word, it's more the one I identify with most......... it's a good number, balanced, more so than many would think an odd number to be.... and it's 'odd'... I like that about it, being odd........ just saw a sign at university pointing to a hall where some filming will be happening by someone for a film called.... wait for it.......... "Terror Teddy" !!....... that is going to be well worth seeing me thinks....... I can hear gulls, above the rumbling 'stomach' of the swinging crane outside the window........ I also hear echoes of voices down the stoney, flagged floor corridors, hard to place which direction exactly, but they are there, coming and going and then gone.... the sun is now piercing this common room where I'm sitting working.... and blogging!........ the kind of light that turns everything into either a shadow or blinding light....... shadow-casting........ it's low now, even at this time in the morning and will stay low all day as I go spend it wandering round a gardens..... as part of my course, of course, not merely for a jolly....... I have my wellies, essential kit for the next several coming winter months......

No comments: