Saturday, 30 November 2013

reindeer poop, 30th November 2013

basically...... it's not Christmas yet....... ! don't care what all the shop displays say and flashing lights with "Merry Christmas!" and "Nadolig Llanwen!"........ and Black Friday, what's all that about...... if ever there was a marketing opportunity (con?) then that is it.... what on earth is Christmas doing starting in November?....... the bonfires have barely cooled and now it's all tinsel, Bing Crosby and Rudolf sneezing and leaving reindeer crap everywhere....... I don't mind it starting a week before, Christmas that is, not all the reindeer poop......... but up to 6 weeks before... even two weeks before would be fine.........if we're not careful we'll all come down with tinselitis!....... dedicated aisles in the supermarket selling chocolate bars that if you stood it on the floor would be taller than me!........ and really, what have polar bears and penguins got to do with it, really?...... some would call me a grump, but I'm not really, I just don't want mile-long chocolate bars, naff seasonal music (and muzak!) and more "ho's" than you can weed a golf course with shoved down my throat for 6 weeks.... ..... ....... ...... ok I've had my rant, though I suspect I may be returning to this subject again.... soon!............ the winds have opened up all the trees again, I know they aren't cold because they've snuggled down deep into the ground, the warm soil, dormant for a few months while we busy, busy, busy ourselves as always and wishing we could also 'hibernate' for a few months.....

No comments: