Saturday, 23 November 2013

perfect round circles, 23rd November 2013

I've never really belonged anywhere..... never felt truly 'at home'........ I've liked most places I've stayed over the years, most not all...... one or two have had a lot left to desire........ the closest I came was probably Ambleside, in Cumbria.... nestling in the northern end of Lake Windermere...... having the Langdale Valley so close too was a bonus........ and lots of good music!...... I like where I am now, in north Wales, but like almost everywhere else, I still have this strange sense of being a guest.... a stunning area though.... root-less..... that's me...... traveled a lot as a child... no real affinity for my place of birth, though I still go back there and have connections......... sometimes I feel like I just appeared one day, fully-formed, neither here nor there (there is that phrase again!)...... coffee goes so well with a clementine..... maybe it's that appealing bitterness of the two, complementing each other....... it's very difficult, neigh(!) impossible, to draw a perfect circle freehand.......... I think, yet another theory of mine, it's because the earth isn't round, being as it is a slightly unround, squished a bit, deformed circle shape........ therefore, if the earth was perfectly round, I postulate that we indeed would be able to happily sketch a perfect round circle..... that's where my brain is today anyway.......

No comments: