Thursday, 14 November 2013

Mongolian barbecues, 14th November 2013

blackbird intently hops across the lawn, eying up the Berberis berries all ovally red and juicy, leaping up avoiding the many thorns to snatch one, and then another...... grateful I don't have to dodge thorns for my mid-morning snack!.......... sooooooo, the Prime Minister says poor people are too apathetic to get work.... priceless!......  yesterday I was sat in the university library at a computer and next to me two other students I didn't know, also on computers...... they were chatting away, which might've been a bit annoying but instead engrossed me as I cunningly earwigged........ one was telling the other how boring his (student) house is, where all of his 'housemates' just sit around and watch the TV..... then went onto say, "it's so dirty too!  No one even takes the bins out!"...... followed by, "granted, I don't either............. but, I don't make much mess!"....... continuing on, "and no one hardly ever washes the dishes!"................ to then confess, ".... I mean, I don't wash them up either... but... I do wash my own and I only ever use one pan because I eat the same meal every night"..... (I never found out what that was but clearly it took a single pan)....... "and I don't need to wash it anyway as once I put its contents onto my plate and scrape it, it's pretty much clean anyway and just needs a rinse"........ (I secretly make an imperceptible sideways glance of near-horror).......... more of this on and on, random, random, random.... until they got onto talking about........ Mongolian barbecues!.... on a beach, no less......... the same student said, "I've been to one before, in Bournemouth, though I suppose it wasn't anything like a real one"....... (of course, Mongolians are famous for their beach barbecues........... quizzical stares)....... the other asked, "what do they even eat at one?"...... the first replied, "I don't know, Reindeer! and drink reindeer blood!"....... you can't make this stuff up, I just wish I had my voice recorder with me and got it for posterity.......

No comments: