Saturday, 16 November 2013

layers upon layers, 16th November 2013

'twas a braw, bricht, moon licht nicht last night.... until the clouds of course........ I woke up thinking about cakes and how they always look tasty..... and then I remembered some cakes I've seen I didn't think that about.... so much for that notion......... Mr Hooty Owl is at it again..... all night every night..... that's his name by the way, I say so therefore it is....... I almost, but not quite, run over a weasel, a mother in fact carrying a kit in it's mouth as she ran across the road in front of my car........ luckily between her speed and my brakes she, and the kit, lived to be weasels for another day........ bit late you might think for kits, but they are capable of giving birth anytime of year but usually prefer the spring of course........ I breathed a sigh of relief and I'm sure she did, and the kit probably didn't have a clue probably having not seen a car before, or even tarmac!....... had coffee at the cliff cafe and the view was.... grey.... grey clouds layering grey on grey above a grey sea only broken the odd brilliant white gull.... and a single lone ferry tickled by the waves...... I didn't mind, I like the view in all seasons.... today was mostly minimalist....... it was because I did come out that I met a husky, friendly husky, not bothered at all by the bitter cold, who would have thought it!........ I was housed in hat and gloves and layers upon layers, though not of grey......

No comments: