Friday, 22 November 2013

I know where the dragon lives, 22nd November 2013

I sat on the outcrop where the land ended and the sea began and stared out at the waves.... beyond the waves...... to the horizon.... beyond the horizon.... I come here often, same spot, to do just this, sit and stare........... let the world behind me be dissolved by the salt......... I watched a documentary about Pink Floyd (prog rock band for those who don't know)..... it traced their history through their mini films and videos from 1968 to now....... they have been a large part of my life since I was 15 years old in the late 70's.... there was on song from 1969 with a line, "and if you survive til 2005 I hope you're exceedingly thin, 'cos if you are stout you will have to breathe out as the people around you breath in......." ..... just pondered how far away 2005 would've seemed then, and now we're beyond it!..... I know where the "there be dragons" dragon lives..... just saw it wake up gaping maw of flames gushing from the Ogwen Valley here in north Wales....... crashing forth searing everything in its conflagration......... even enough I bet to melt some of the snow from the edges of the mountains........ heralding the sunrise so it seems........ orange, golden raging glaring sepia pronouncement from deep within the valley sides........ lucky to not lose my eyebrows!

No comments: