Sunday, 24 November 2013

chugging and puffing, 24th November 2013

all this time travel makes me hungry........ Dr Who's 50th anniversary episode last night was pretty excellent, despite my growing cynicism over so much hype in the build up to it making me think nothing can live up to that much..... my sleep last night as somewhat disrupted... again...... I had a night of sleep in two halves, seems catnapping is becoming the way I grab some 'zzzz's at the moment........ after 3 hours sleep I woke up brain a-chugging like an over-wound watch..... although I'm not sure watches 'chug'.... unless perhaps if they are Steampunk timepieces, then I can well imagine a steam-powered watch with a tiny chimney puffing, or chugging, smoke from your wrist as it chugs round and round....... it wouldn't be wound up, instead you would have to remember to feed it tiny, tiny pieces of coal on a tiny, tiny shovel to keep its furnace going... Dr Who is very Steampunky....I did eventually get back to sleep, sort of, after sitting up for two hours reading in the lounge......... but then, my attempts were little more than dozing, not taking me into anything you could call deep sleep........ I think I want a pair of Steampunk glasses/ spectacles... with tiny cogs that I can operate and change perhaps the tint....... just a thought...... why don't we hibernate?....... I think we should..... I popped my had out the door this morning and it was flat, grey, cold, cold, cold........ just hang a sign out saying "Out to lunch.... back in the Spring"...... the clock ticks and the clock tocks......... I believe time is a state of mind anyway............

No comments: