Tuesday, 19 November 2013

bungalow brain, 19th November 2013

I like to sometimes play a game, called "fantasy scones"........ of course being 'fantasy' it's not real but does whet the appetite!....... imagining what kind of scone I would like right here and now...... the choices are endless when you start to muse about them......... and right this moment I fancy a cinnamon scone, with perhaps juicy sultanas in it.......... though actually I seem to actually have a hankering after a banana scone!...... indeed, banana........... never ever had or seen one before but I have a feeling it could be utterly delicious......... imagine, banana chunks in a scone......... mmmmmmmmm........ warm of course... and of rough-hewn shape...... you heard me, rough-hewn is the best way I can think to describe it.... you know how some scones seem to look too perfect, too neat... I want mine to look like it doffing its hat..........   I don't believe we should worry that as we get older we seem to forget things more..... often it's that we always have but never thought it an issue when we were younger......... or more so I think that it's because the longer you've been around the more years you've had to accumulate more clutter in your head........ more to rifle through when called on to recall something..... a word, or name or date, or what you came into the room for........ some of it is bound to lost behind the back of the left or right hemisphere, or end up squished in the corpus callosum....... so fear not, you're not losing your mind, you just have longer corridors to walk down in all those new extensions you've had to build into your bungalow brain......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how the thought of what scone you'd like suddenly turned to all the clutter in your brain. Is it all the clutter that caused tha I wonder?????