Sunday, 3 November 2013

a tray labelled, 3rd November 2013

I have a tray labelled "Things I may or may not get round and probably aren't that important anyway"...... clearly it all the sticky label can do to hold all those words, and as for the tray, 'tis buckling under the weight of so many unimportant 'things'....... far being the saviour of our time releasing us from the drudgery of all the little tedious chores, technology has indeed merely generated more on top of all the others...... and as for the 'paperless office', don't get me started....... as if!.... and if it ever happened can you imagine, one trip over the plug and it's lights out for everything.... mind you might result in being able to finish work early.......... Christmas is coming, by the way, just in case you hadn't heard or sen all the tinsel and not-so subliminal festive bits and bobs which have already begun to infect the shops.... *cue the gripes*........... I remember the days when Christmas didn't start until a week before, and I rarely ever bought a present until Christmas Eve!....... kinda of dulls it for me now, so that by the time it comes I feel like it's already happened..... in the spirit of fairness I would suggest two weeks before the 25th is sufficient, lest we all drown in a sea of marketing and cynical consumerism... *cue the end of the gripe*...... I look outside the window and what do I see?...... stillness....... no movement at all..... as though last night stormy windy storminess has finally said "sod that for a game of marbles!"...... "it's exhausting being the wind, time I found a new career"......... and off the wind went in a typically 'windy' way leaving nothing more that the odd tiny flurry in its windy wake......... bye bye wind, bye bye.........

No comments: