Sunday, 27 October 2013

what's an hour here and there? 27th October 2013

good grief it's daylight!..... 'tis that 'clocks back' time again when we time travel..... and who said it wasn't possible?..... it is, I just did it...... went back a whole hour so I can now redo the past hour........ question, have I have more, or less, sleep?......... did I get an extra hour in bed, or did I actually get up an hour earlier?........ am I even awake?.......... time travelling is exhausting though and I know the next few days my body will indeed be an hour out regardless of what any clock tells me.... I used to do train-spotting you know.... you didn't know?.... well you do now....... said to be the pastime of really sad and nerdy people........ maybe I am, I didn't care then and don't care that much now.......... but for me the actual act of taking down numbers was secondary really......... without realising it was like the foundation of later going on to study anthropology.......  I rarely hung out with other train-spotters preferring to do my on thing....... it's not that I prefer my own company, I don't really, it's more I am content being on my own sometimes.......... the mostly empty platforms at night......... the shadows, the promise o a night train coming through......... all has this remarkable isolation about it yet at the same time a place about people for people, usually packed with people......... there is something enigmatic about train stations and to have an excuse to hang around on them watching the world shunting by it fascinating.....

No comments: