Tuesday, 22 October 2013

the lesser end, 22nd October 2013

the 'lesser end of the afternoon'......... I really like that phrase, that idea..... what is the lesser end I wondered...... it could be the early part of it being lesser because it's the early hours of the afternoon.... or it could be the latter part, being that there is less of it to go....... which is what I think the weather forecaster meant........ either way I like, "the lesser end"........... enter the tackiness!.... that's a sign that should be placed as you enter Menai Bridge on Anglesey today where for the new two days the annual Menai Bridge Fair... and I use the term, 'Fair', loosely..... will happen.... with its 'Fun Park'......... if you idea of fun is cheap rides and candyfloss then perhaps it will be....... some seem to enjoy it.... or maybe just go out of habit..... 'tis indeed the lesser end of what I would call a 'Fair'...... give me a village fair anytime with its oddly-shaped vegetables, WI cakes competitions, white elephant stalls......... you know, I've never seen a white elephant..... and definitely not at one of those stalls, working there or for sale....... maybe they get snatched up before I get there....... perhaps if I go earlier I may be able to get y own white elephant.... what a talking point that would be at parties.......

No comments: