Friday, 4 October 2013

into the hubbub, 4th October 2013

into the bowels....... ok, probably not the best or most inviting word to use to start a blog...... the very netherworld... down and down, along and down, up a down a bit, a left, some rights.... and there!... or here..... am I here or there?..... an eternal puzzle........ a room, secreted in a realm far, far away...... if not so much a realm but the corner of an old, old, very old university building, therein lies unassuming the Business Club Lounge..... sounds posh, grand even, but as they let me in it can't really be that much.... it felt like finding Nemo by the time I eventually made it..... and then I had to try to remember among all the wrong turns which way was out!...... a small room for computers, another for sitting is squishy armchairs that swallow you up when sitting on them, and an obligatory for any business-related things, a cosy bar, or more, snug....... why am I here?..... now then, seems I'm now eligible for access to this 'exclusive' bolt hole, this escape from the hubbub... although hubbub is perfect for some times, at others, it's good to escape it, find a hole and hide...... "hubbub" is an excellent word too........ being among the hubbub also provides perfect opportunities for people-watching, overheard conversations.... not that I eavesdrop or anything so rude...... well, actually I do, my curiosity has not yet killed any cats so why stop............. praise be the Hubbub!........ upon which my noseyness knows no bounds.......
.... ps..... I did find my way out eventually by the way, in case you were concerned I was still down there and this was an oblique cry to rescue........

No comments: