Friday, 11 October 2013

I'm late, I'm late, 11th October 2013

I like trains..... preferably when they aren't run like cattle trucks packed to bursting........ took the train in and out of university yesterday and got back to my nearest train station, in the middle of nowhere, sort of..... well not really nowhere, it just feels like it at that time of autumn night, 9.30pm....... dark with a main course of freezing time of the year chill adorning the air.... just hit the equally mostly darkened road for my 15 minute walk back when lo and behold and animal came shooting out of the darkness down the left hand side of the road.... wrong side for this country!....... not driving of course, but hopping, more bounding me thinks...... with an 'I'm late, I'm late for a very important date' bounding........ it entered the referred glow from the street lamp I'd stopped beneath, on the opposite side of the road, and kept coming.... silent........ it got almost parallel with me maybe 10 feet away when I shifted my balance and it spotted me, having not already done so, and with a startled, jarring leap to one side, the rabbit... yes, 'twas a rabbit....... sped up and kept firmly on it's set course...... on it vanished out of the glow and into the darkness......... still silent and probably a bit surprised to find me there, as much as I was by it.........

No comments: