Wednesday, 30 October 2013

getting the wires crossed, 30 October 2013

if wireless signals were visible oh what a technicolour dream this lecture would have been this morning........ almost everyone was tapping away or staring at some screen or other..... and if they were visible I would photograph them..... I imagine they would look like wisps, ghosts, constantly moving, like wind current, curling and twisting, even tying each other up in knots......... or would they be straight lines?.... criss-crossing and slicing up the air into shapely pieces.... then vanishing..... and then another appears, another on switch activated........... I was in a lift (elevator, should you prefer) earlier, not for long, only went up one floor, nevertheless....... and it was called Otis.... so I assumed this must be a male lift........ never thought of them as having a gender before....... Otis Gen2, in fact..... though I decided to read that as 'Gent'.... hence, Otis Gent....  it's as good a name as any for a lift.......... the main problem with 24 hour library opening is........... it's easy to forget how long you've been there....... I got home last night at just after 10pm, went straight to bed and then awake 5 hours later and back again at university, in the very same library as last night, even at the same computer terminal!........... I swear the cushioned seat still warm as I'd barely been away from it......... I may as well've slept here and saved the twenty minute car journey home and back........

No comments: