Thursday, 10 October 2013

foraging for nuts, 10th October 2013

one good thing about writing a daily blog is that it reminds me what date it is, hence the date in the title of each one..... just saying........ I feel more like a foreigner here at university than people studying here from different countries must......... sometimes I think people look at me like I'm the man who fell to earth........ alien!......... something I definitely didn't notice as much when I was an undergrad way back in the 1980's, is that most stuff here, socially at least, is geared to younger students and not those sporting a few grey hairs.... probably not surprising and probably rightly so............ kind of makes me feel a bit out of phase........ most younger students here don't seem to know how to talk to me, or maybe it's the other way round?........ to say the least it's bizarre........... I'm not the only older student, after all university is full of them, "mature students"........ it's just a weird orientation issue....... where do I fit in? or do I fit in anywhere? is it just I am outside and forever will be?........ in the past I've tried to hard, then not tried enough... where is the middle ground, because sure as hell it's proving crazily elusive...... isn't balancing tricky........
....................  I'm not complaining as such, just observing each day as it comes.... I just saw a squirrel, it wasn't in any of my lectures, just out and about foraging for nuts and stuff........

No comments: