Monday, 7 October 2013

careless care, 7th October 2013

how long does it take you to get yourself ready in the morning for the day?..... me, ideally about 2 hours!....... sounds long but that's my ideal to do all I like to do before leaving the house....... I save time though in not needed to comb or brush my hair....... realistically, an hour.... that time between opening your eyes and facing the world for me is important and should be done properly........ everyone's different I know........ our elderly here who require formal carers to come in and help them start their day if they are lucky will quite often get 15 minutes, from being dragged out of bed to being washed and breakfasted and ready for the day.... then the carers are gone in a blink...... is this what we all have to look forward too when we get old and infirm?......... it's frightening........ those making decisions on such things are never those directly affected by it, not yet anyway......... same with dementia care, Alzheimer's, support for home-carers, almost all health issues, it seems those in charge of saying 'yay' or 'nay' are always those most divorced from it.... how is that I wonder?.......... the underlying politics of such things, and many other aspects of our shaky society, is still curative rather than preventative....... wait for it to happen then scratch their heads after............ costs are always the big argument, and in the short term maybe they're more, but the benefits in the long term should far outweigh that............. in short, a system of thinking within the terms of each successive government or politicians tenure in office is blinkered and downright scary....... I end on a lighter note though, the one issue of having such big feet as I do {size 12} is my shoes look even huger when I'm not wearing them...... don't think 'huger' is a word, but hey.........

No comments: