Friday, 11 August 2017

yn yr orsedd, 11/August/17

dancing nuns....
what more can I say...
and they sing!............. I should just leave you with that... 'nuff said!


yn yr orsedd ar y bardd
mae'n braf
standing with the standing stones....
arwyddlun..... symbols of ancient pasts......... except they are fibreglass..... luckily I knew this beforehand being they'd given up erecting actual permanent stone circles at every Eisteddfod years ago, partly cost and probably partly for fear of blanketing Wales in stones circles....... cameras, cameras everywhere vacuum up this temporary townscape three, two, one and... that's a wrap!...... Sundays mud now a meagre memory as lampshades stroll the thronging throngs and riders without horses canter unhooved.... Mynydd Parys copper mines extrude unearthly colours framed in rust and prose and clear marbles to the eerie call of a past revealed in scars........
... priorities......
.... amser coffi!..... coffee time..... people-watching time.... sit and watch the shuffle-footed punters...... perched upon bales of hay poets are at play........
... so much is closed to me, inaccessible, only myself to blame of course through my poor grasp of Cymraeg... Welsh....... my pronunciation's fine, I know where one word ends and the next begins some comfortably reside inside my lexicon these days, but mostly once again I'm outside looking in, looking on, a part but never a part........ my loss not theirs as things just are the way they are......... if in doubt follow the aroma of sustenance and one will always find some comfort and joy... pysgod a sglodion!....... the unassailable language of food.........


... as for nuns dancing, well, 'nuff said....... and they sing!

© robert greig 2017

No comments: