Monday, 31 July 2017

the been, 31/July/17

has it really been that long?......
wow.....
it seems only yesterday or at very least the day before.... how time flies, and all that..... if I was a vole I'd be dead by now, or a mayfly, or even a wren.... through natural causes of course.... the 'cause' being I suppose just stopping....... I sometimes wish I could stop, stop without the dying bit preferably, for now anyway........ I remember when... but that was long ago now and probably don't recall when as clearly as I think I do....... mostly the good bits..... and actually the bad ones.... just what most think about when pondering the been-time while rarely do the inbetween-times get a look in, or a peek out......... like television where it seems someones life is either one constant thrill-ride or droning disaster-fest or a ping-ponging back and forth all conveniently, or inconveniently, missing out the inbetween-beens.... you know, the mundane, run-of-the-mill, apparently forgettable moments that time forgot.... and you........
I wonder what happened too....... oh well, it can't matter if I don't remember, what's been is been......... or is it "what's gone is gone"?.............. either way gobbled up by the no'more monster (he says, "yum, thank you very much"), digested then liberally strewn in been-pats across vast fields of once-upons pockmarking an almost boundless beenandgone.......
they say there's only now and now's what counts and as such not to worry as though in some twisted way that's life-affirming?.......... I wonder, dum de dum, I wonder if I could or even if it's worth the effort, harvest these been-fields that yawn as far as the eye can't see, as the voice can't shout, as the ear can't hear..... what would I do with them?.......... I could put them in a hive, make it out of wood, maybe call it an ark hive.... I'd probably need a special been-keeper suit for it so I don't get stung....... I would look so dapper I would...............


      © robert greig 2017

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

... it's funny, now is a while ago.