Tuesday, 4 July 2017

someone elses, 4/July/17

I had a thought last night before going to sleep, this is how it went......
we're all just a dream....

I know that doesn't sound that radical, anyway, let me continue if you will......
we're all just a products of someone elses dreams.... I am you are we are they are everyone are or simply is, or perhaps not so simply, dreamed up........ conjured in sleep,  someone else sleep..... so we don't dream ourselves into being instead we're busy dreaming someone else, and by the same token that someone else is dreaming us into, voila!... us!
... so when I say we're all just a dream it also means everything's a dream, usually, in my experience in particular, probably 99.999999999% of the time a bad dream, but a dream nonetheless.......


... NONETHELESS....... now that's an excellent word because it isn't a word, it's lots of words, three, which is more than one, squished together making a single BIGGER word..... I wonder if those words like hanging out together.... I hope so because otherwise they'd be arguing as to who goes first and could end up being 'lessthenone', or 'thenoneless', or 'nonelessthe', 'thelessnone', 'lessnonethe'....... have I missed any?..... probably.......... and if the letters themselves fell out well, where would we be.....

... anyway, where was I........

... not being able to remember properly or at all our dreams other than scraps and blinks-worth and prone to confabulation as soon as the nonsense of the so-called 'waking world' spills in when we open our eyes might explain why we won't ever know at all or for sure which someone else we're dreaming into existence, nor which someone else is dreaming us.......... last night I dreamed of camels, I wonder if that means my whole existence has been invented by a camel, and my dreamed someone else is a camel......!.......

© robert greig 2017

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

...did the camels have one hump or two? (just asking)