Tuesday, 16 May 2017

particularly particular, 16/May/17

have I become blase of kites?.... so soon?......... no chance!..... although yesterday I only saw one it was in the unlikely place of the supermarket car park in the middle of town!.... where it hovered and swooped looking defiantly out of place......... I'm not usually very good at holidays, I can get bored just 'being' on holiday....... I need a function, a purpose other than to simply 'be' on holiday.... as yet I haven't reached that threshold, with any luck I'll make it through without tipping over..... .......

... of course what can't be avoided is the interminable infiltration of the looming election and all who sail in its propagandist populism.... maybe politicians treat people like simpletons because they are........ having heard/ overheard/ eavesdropped on so many chats, discussions, debates, arguments, blather regarding it I'm finding it increasingly so....... it's certainly not possible to approach any conversation on politics here anymore without the dreaded 'brexit' loitering with intent to cause affray..... not content to being told to "get over it" we also must unquestioningly, wholeheartedly endorse with a right-wing, nationalistic, flag-waving fervour reminiscent of many an end of days scenario..... it's become decidedly cultist, 'us' and 'them'.... 'with' or 'against'.....
"we do what we're told, we do what we're told"

 
..... but wait! I'm on 'holiday', let me have these few days at least from the apocalypse-in-waiting...... talking of breakfast (were we?) it's something I'm particularly particular about, which why I prefer self-catering..... admittedly what I have is pretty simple, porridge and tea... see....... but in that apparent simplicity is the art of choice and execution that few I've discovered through bitter experience are able to achieve to required standards..... not that they are particularly high but as I say it is something I'm particularly particular about........  

.............................. but wait! wait! don't go yet, I haven't told you about how my day went...... ok, briefly it went from cottage (with self-made breakfast) to town, to cafe (first coffee of the day), to photographing and recording waves, to lunch (yums!) to art exhibition, to afternoon coffee (yet more!), to walk in the rain (not by choice, happened to be raining) watching waves, to bookshop, to early dinner (yum beyond yum!)......

.... that's all folks!.................

© robert greig 2017

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

Enjoy your holiday...