Saturday, 8 April 2017

mister splayed-foot, 8/April/17

my head is filled with so much crap... not enough words or ways to express it all or get it out...... it's a mess in there........ I've thought about a spring-clean but even that is way beyond daunting and would simply re-clutter as quick as not.......

... like how on earth (no pun intended... although....) does the moon stay up there continually falling and yet never reaching the ground... thankfully..... it doesn't make sense and yet of course it does in Newtonian physics terms but all those parabolas, hyperbolas, ellipses and inverted probabilities just melt my brain and I am a bear of little brain which is comparable in terms of a mini chocolate egg against Newtons emu egg-sized......... 

... how, when a politician opens their mouth, you know straight away they are only ever speaking for themselves in their own self-interest in justifying wholly unconscionable actions...... their insincerity is transparent, gruelling and decidedly harrowing....... 

..... and how the radio and TV listings magazine here can still call itself the Radio Times and yet the radio schedules have become consigned and ghettoised to a handful of back-pages giving television precedence at the front with way over half of the publication?.... which it isn't, I much prefer radio but who listens to me....... of course I know why 'trailers', as they were once called (not those things you pull behind your car) are now called 'spoilers'.... because they spoil everything being yet more pampering to the world of "coming up!" as though we can't be, too afraid to be or not allowed to be surprised anymore..... it's not as though I scour the back pages of a book to know the ending before I've read it (unless it's the Radio Times but that's not a book and has no plot, in has definitely lost the plot!)...... 

"and coming up next week, your birthday! and for you I've bought something woolly that you wear on each foot, but ssh... not going to tell you what it is, needless to say there are two of them"...... oops! spoiler alert......... 

.... and fire, where does all that heat come from?..... I can see the fire but I can't see heat.... yes, I know like the moon, gravity, thermodynamics, apples, blah blah blah all makes a kind of sense in a way my brain like I say just isn't designed to process it in the way to make sense other than nonsensically......... "it's 'sense' Jim, but not as we know it"

..... I can't see how the moon stays up there even though I see it, and in the daytime!.... what's it doing there in broad daylight!.... I'm sure the sun has something to say on the matter.......... and how come I can put either of my pair of socks on either foot without feeling like mister splayed-foot and yet when I try that with shoes, ta-daa!... mister splay-foot!.... shoes should be like socks, or socks like shoes, either or whatever..........

© robert greig 2017

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

Thank you for letting a little inside out...