Monday, 17 April 2017

man of two breakfasts, 17/April/17

they call me "man of two breakfasts"....
actually they don't, and who 'they' might even be is anyone's guess...
not both at once, that would be madness and decidedly greedy.... they are usually at least a few hours apart but both happen while it's still morning, hence both are deservedly regarded as breakfast....... I suppose you could if you're of a mind call one 'elevenses'..... if you're of a mind....... but it's not always at 11, it could be before or after but always the morning side of midday... hence 'breakfasts'.....
in Welsh I might be called "dyn o ddau brecwast", as I live in Wales I thought it meanderingly appropriate to ponder this....
in Xhosa "umfo zasekuseni ezimbini", though I'm not sure how that is even vaguely relevant for me.....
in Maori it might be "tangata o rua parakuihi", again irrelevant other than it sounds most cool, unless I totally botched the translation which wouldn't be a surprise as I can't speak Maori......
but as I'm half-Scottish then perhaps "fear de dhĂ  bracaist" would be closer to my genetic home........
it's not exactly 'dances with wolves' but beggars can't be choosers.......
either way it's all moot as I'm not widely known by this moniker in any language, shape or form even though I do as I mentioned sometimes have something equating to two breakfasts...... so, I happen to like breakfast, not so much a cooked breakfast, or full English as it's often known here even in Wales oddly enough.... I'm not sure there is a full Welsh breakfast... porridge is the closest I'll come to a cooked breakfast and do I have a passion for porridge, oh yes I do.......
anyway, must be time for another breakfast surely............


© robert greig 2017

1 comment:

Martin Kloess said...

...somewhere, somewhere...